Whew! How are y’all doing after this first month of goal-reaching?!
At the beginning of every month, I plan to write a short post covering what I accomplished in the previous month and what I hope to accomplish in the next one. I’ll also introduce you to one of my 101 in 1001 buddies (see them all in the sidebar!). Here we go!
January 2010: 0/101 goals complete, 0/101 goals in progress
Did I complete…
– No. 21? Yes! Payment plan is established and first payment is made!
– No. 76? Yes! I tried to make one myself, but after two hours of frustration decided it would be much more time-effective to have Joy whip one up for me for $5. Yay for Joy!!
– No. 85? Yes!
– No. 100? No, very sadly. See here for what we did instead on our NYC trip!
Did I begin…
– No. 5? Yes!
– No. 7? Yes!
– No. 16? Yes! I’ve started a dedicated flickr set for my arrangements, which you can peek at right here. I started easy last month — don’t judge!
– No. 18? Yes!
– No. 23? Yes! I bought Jamie’s Food Revolution. We’ve already tried two recipes (this one and Chicken Vindaloo) and they were excellent.
– No. 48? Yes!
– No. 53? Not yet.
– No. 64? Yes! I bought Domestic Work by Natasha Trethewey. Haven’t started it yet.
– No. 80? Yes! I bought Gregory, the Terrible Eater. Best. Book. Ever.
– No. 98? Yes! I checked The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe out of the library (after reading up on the chronology debate!) and zipped right through it.
February 2010: 3/101 goals complete, 15/101 goals in progress
Plan to complete:
– No. 77 (Design and print address labels for P&P packaging)
– No. 24 (Buy that chair I really want at the flea market and refinish it — chair is bought, now I just need to refinish it!)
Plan to begin:
– No. 50 (Go to church when traveling)
– No. 60 (Put together a portfolio of projects I’ve worked on — both personal and professional)
– No. 62 (Read biographies of five people I admire)
Plan to continue:
– No. 5 (Volunteer at the animal shelter at least twice a month)
– No. 7 (Take a walk after work at least once a week)
– No. 16 (Make a fresh flower arrangement every month)
– No. 48 (Kneel in prayer at least once a week)
February Spotlight: Alli of See Alli Scrap
I love so many of Alli’s goals, but my top five favorites are:
– Stay in a bed and breakfast once per year
– Go to a drive-in movie theater
– Go on a photo scavenger hunt with a group of friends
– Choose a project on Donors Choose or Kiva and fund it (I did this in my last 101 — highly recommended!)
– Open a mutual fund (Ha! You’re probably all scratching your head at the inclusion of this one, but having dated an econ major for six years, I have more than a healthy appreciation for personal saving, and I love seeing people my age thinking ahead!)
You can see the details on all of my goals right here. Here’s to a great month!