30 September 2011
What are you up to this weekend, my friends? We are going camping for this first time in 2011! It will also be our first time staying at a KOA — have you all ever been to one? (We usually pitch out tent farther out in the woods.) I can’t say I’m disappointed that there will be easily accessible showers :)
Send us warm thoughts — the temperature overnight in the mountains could be in the 20′s! Brrr!! We are bringing sweatpants, s’more supplies, and lots of hot chocolate.
29 September 2011
Guess what we had for dinner two nights ago? Yup, bacon grilled cheese. Also with mashed avocado, thin Granny Smith apple slices, and a little bit of onion. SO GOOD.
See the full “recipe” here!
Photo c/o Jana Laurene
28 September 2011
I have recently decided that it would be brilliant to embroider something for our wedding reception, mainly after seeing the above two images. Do I know yet what I want to embroider? No. Do I think anyone would actually notice at the wedding itself? Not really. But, I don’t really care. Plus, I think it would make a beautiful keepsake framed after the event.
So! I don’t know how to embroider. Do any of you know how? Have any tips for me, or can you point me in the direction or a great book or tutorial?
I’m thinking this will make a cozy winter project…
First image by Em the Gem, second via joettamaue
27 September 2011
Goodness, isn’t Jenny Komenda just the most talented person you’ve ever felt like you kinda sorta could be friends with? :) She’s hosting a giveaway on Babble featuring 25 of her favorite things, and though I adore MANY of them, I think these Kendra Scott stud earrings are my favorite. Check them out here, and then let me know what you’d pick!
26 September 2011
Whew! Wedding planning got a big kick this month! We traveled home to Connecticut one weekend for our engagement party, and knocked out an incredibly busy day of vendor appointments the Friday before the party. I’m not sure if I would recommend scheduling six meetings in one day, but as I’m sure those of you who are planning destination or semi-destination weddings understand, we didn’t really have a choice. With that being said, what did we check off the list this month?
Photo c/o The Life You Love via Style Me Pretty
– Found a calligrapher (for invitations only, not save the dates)
– Asked the two final bridesmaids to be bridesmaids (bringing the total count to four on my side — will introduce you to them soon!)
– Officially reserved the chapel for our ceremony
– Met with three caterers and received a proposal from one
– Met our florist in person
– Tried on another set of wedding dresses, this time at The White Dress by the Shore
– Booked hotel rooms for vendors who will be flying in from out of state
– Narrowed down save the date options
– Started messing around with wedding websites
– Inquired with and received info and/or CDs from four potential bands
In the next month, I’m hoping to try on more wedding dresses, and we’ll also hopefully choose a caterer and band. Exciting!