Friends, it has been a whirlwind few weeks! Can’t wait to share MUCH more SOON, but in the meantime, I had to post these adorable images from Cyn Kain! She ordered some of my tinsel stirrers for her sister-in-law’s baby shower, and everything turned out too cute. Nothing makes me happier than seeing shop goodies in their element!
The concept is not entirely new — I’ve seen DIY versions around blogs + magazines and even at Marget and Seth’s wedding (so cute!) — but I thought it would be nice to make an option for those who don’t feel like taking on the project themselves. I have a listing up for a set of 25 right now, but feel free to request a larger number. I’m also working on adding more colors!
Check them out here!
Day Two of the Em for Marvelous Gift Guide is all about, for lack of a better word, “neutral” gifts. And when I say neutral I’m talking about the color, not the awesome-ness. I hope you’ll find a few goodies on here to give or get this month!
1. Magnolia and flower illustration no. 6688 ($25) | I love Kari Herer’s pieces. This one would be especially fitting for us since it’s emblematic of our adopted homeland, the South.
2. Set of 3 1-liter Weck juice jars ($11.65) | We have these and they’re perfect for toting liquids to picnics!
3. Zinc prize ribbon ($24) | Love that you can customize this with chalk. Would be sweet to hang it in your house and trade superlatives back and forth with roommates or family members!
4. Zinc letters and numbers ($7.25) | I’d buy a friend’s monogram, or maybe a special (short) word.
5. Leopard print lumbar pillow cover ($25) | Every home needs a touch of leopard. Truth.
6. Heart-shaped quiche dishes, set of 4 ($14.99) | Wouldn’t it be neat to serve breakfast or dessert in these on special days for your family? Birthdays, anniversaries, big tests…
7. The Clutch in natural ($48) | Not too fancy for everyday use, but easily dressed up.
8. Rugby stripe bin ($9.99) | Put a little prep in your step! I think these would look great lined up on a shelf storing not-so-aesthetically pleasing belongings.
9. Rhinestone dome studs ($4.80) | Please compare to versions from Kate Spade.
10. Insulated picnic basket ($49) | We received this as a wedding gift, and we LOVE it! I love the classic styling on the outside as much as I appreciate the functionality of keeping things cold.
11. “I think you are magic” letterpress card ($8) | I would put this beauty in a simple frame!
12. Wooden mason jar ornament ($12) | Sweet and sentimental.
13. Sparkly ruched clutch ($59) | An oh-so-glamorous neutral to complement almost any outfit.
14. Monogrammed hemstitch Euro sham ($49) | A great price for this! Tons of colors and styles to choose from. Note: Will NOT arrive in time for Christmas!
15. Initial necklace ($32) | I like the subtlety of this petite style.
Which is your favorite pick?
Happy Monday, friends! Thank you so much for your sweet comments about last week’s post! I’m excited for us all to get out there and make some days! :)
In the meantime, I thought y’all might still have some gifts to buy for loved ones (I know I do). For that reason, my gift guides are back for a third year! This year the gifts range from $4.80 – $59, with an average price of $28.50. It was very important to me to keep the prices reasonable! I’ve organized things by color just because that’s my jam, but I consider them all things I (and hopefully you) would love to give and get. Colorful choices are up today, and neutrals tomorrow!
1. Printed breakfast tray ($43) | Love the gorgeous, bright colors of these. I’d put one on our kitchen island or coffee table to corral trinkets.
2. Coral & turquoise studs ($32) | If you, like me, tend to wear a lot of neutrals day to day, these earrings are the perfect choice to add a little color. The size keeps them from feeling overwhelming!
3. Dylan bow ballet flat ($50) | It is a rare day that you will find me in heels. These flats are just as stylish; I love the pink color they come in, too.
4. iPhone 4 case in Flamingle ($26) | This is the exact case I have for my phone, and I LOVE it. It makes me happy every time I look at it. It’s surprisingly reasonably priced for being a Lilly Pulitzer goodie, and I love that it’s a soft touch case over a hard case – feels more protective and durable.
5. Salt Air Hair 11×14 print ($22) | I love everything Katie Daisy does, particularly the colors in this print. We have it in our bathroom.
6. Monogram coral leather bracelet ($38) | Love all three colors these come in! Happy to support a small shop, too. This one’s on my personal wish list this year.
7. Striped taper candles ($24) | Super tall! I would choose the orange + pink and the yellow + white.
8. Mason jar soap dispenser ($24) | Pretty and simple enough for most bathrooms. Would make a great hostess gift for a holiday party!
9. NARS lipstick and nail polish in Schiap ($24 and $18) | Marget requested that each of the gals in her bridal party wear a bright, matte lip color, and most were able to go with her to a Sephora to pick out a shade. We chose the one I wore, Schiap, together, and though I never would have chosen it on my own (it is true to its shocking pink description), I love it for special occasions. One other thing we were reminded of along the way is that colors look radically different on different skin tones, so maybe stick to the nail polish if you’re giving as a standalone gift?
10. Flock of chicks ($20) | They’re back! I love giving gifts from Heifer, and the thought of a flock of chicks is just too cute to pass up.
11. “What Good…” enamel steel sign ($28) | I would hang this next to my front door, so I saw it on my way out every morning. Such a good reminder!
12. Gingham iPhone case in pool ($48) | This is my favorite design and colorway from all of Emily’s cases, though there are lots of good ones from which to choose! Try to hold out for a coupon code for a discount or free shipping.
13. Yellow Wedding giclee 5×7 print ($39) | Sweet and small – perfect framed in the kitchen.
14. Lattice dopp kit ($50) | Perfectly sized for weekend trips. I love the striking cobalt blue!
15. My Own Rendition earrings in mint ($12.99) | Basic enough for the girl who wears pearl studs every day (me) while still adding a bit of fun and color.
Which pick is your favorite?
My hand-lettered cupcake flags are always completely customizable, but sometimes I like to whip up something special to show the possibilities. I just listed two sets especially for Christmas, and thought you might like to see!
The first is oh so classic in red and green.
The second is colorful and fun in blue, turquoise, pink, and red orange!
Now for the hilarious part. My little helper was patiently watching from the sidelines while I photographed these goodies. After about a half an hour, though, she just couldn’t stand it anymore! She spent the rest of the photo session on the other side of the guest room door, grumpy.
Aaaaand I’ll just take this one, thankyouverymuch.