I clipped this recipe out of my local newspaper years and years ago, so I have no idea who to credit it to, but it is a firm favorite among my family and friends. As a matter of fact, I’m going to go out on a limb and say this will be the most delicious muffin you will ever taste. They also pack and keep exceptionally well.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 2 cups (one 11-ounce package) milk chocolate chips
– 1/3 cup red raspberry preserves
Heat oven to 350 F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine butter, milk, and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in milk chocolate chips. Spoon half of batter into 12 muffin cups. Spoon a small dollop of raspberry preserves into each muffin cup; top with remaining batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.