Happy first day of summer, friends! This new season is really announcing itself, isn’t it? I don’t know about y’all, but it’s forecasted to be in the mid-90s here today! Yeesh!
I make a summer to do list almost every year, but I feel like it’s even more important this year, as wedding craziness (inevitably?) descends. Hopefully these to dos will be a reminder to pick my head up every once in a while, have simple fun with John, and savor the warmest months of the year!
Special for 2012:
– Take a calligraphy class (whee!)
– Host a picnic
– Bake something with fresh berries or fruit
– Try a gourmet popsicle
– Order from a local food truck
– Have a staycation at our apartment complex :)
– Read three new novels
– Take some sort of dancing lesson with John
Must dos every year:
– Take a walk on River Road in Mystic
– Swim in the Eno
– Watch an outdoor movie at the NC Museum of Art or Koka Booth
– Spend a day at the beach
– Go to a Backporch Music concert at the American Tobacco Campus
– Take walks before or after dinner as often as possible
– Watch fireworks
Printing this out and sticking it on my fridge! What’s on your summer to do list?