Photo by La Tartine Gourmande
Today is the last day of summer. How are we feeling about that?
For us, as always, it went by too fast, but I’m satisfied with the amount of fun and good food we managed to squeeze out of the last three months. On that note, let’s catch up with my summer to list.
– go swimming in the Eno River? Yes!
– jump off the wharf at the Island? Argh, no. Too wimpy.
– see a moonlight movie at Koka Booth Amphitheatre? Yep! We went to two, and they were awesome, as always.
– go to a Backporch Music concert at the American Tobacco Campus? Yes! We went to three concerts, and they were all awesome. Better yet, we took my Dad to one, a friend from home to another, and Nancy + Will + Winston to a third.
– complete a Backwoods OK race? No! Sadness.
– shag at North Hills? Nope.
– go on a road trip somewhere in the southeast? Not really…
– take a walk on River Road in Mystic? Nope. Sadness again.
– spend a day at the beach? Yes! Several, actually, in Charleston.
– eat lots of cobb salad and chicken souvlaki? Yes!
– camp? Nope.
– have a staycation? Nope.
– watch fireworks? No, they were fogged out in Maine over the Fourth!
Let’s see… 5 out of 13. That doesn’t sound like too good of a ratio, but I’m still chalking the summer up as a success! How about y’all? How were your summers?
Check back tomorrow for my fall to do list!