Whew! Wedding planning got a big kick this month! We traveled home to Connecticut one weekend for our engagement party, and knocked out an incredibly busy day of vendor appointments the Friday before the party. I’m not sure if I would recommend scheduling six meetings in one day, but as I’m sure those of you who are planning destination or semi-destination weddings understand, we didn’t really have a choice. With that being said, what did we check off the list this month?
– Found a calligrapher (for invitations only, not save the dates)
– Asked the two final bridesmaids to be bridesmaids (bringing the total count to four on my side — will introduce you to them soon!)
– Officially reserved the chapel for our ceremony
– Met with three caterers and received a proposal from one
– Met our florist in person
– Tried on another set of wedding dresses, this time at The White Dress by the Shore
– Booked hotel rooms for vendors who will be flying in from out of state
– Narrowed down save the date options
– Started messing around with wedding websites
– Inquired with and received info and/or CDs from four potential bands
In the next month, I’m hoping to try on more wedding dresses, and we’ll also hopefully choose a caterer and band. Exciting!