Since it seems like y’all are enjoying the favorite wedding posts we will pick back up with them tomorrow, but since it’s been exactly one month since we got engaged, I wanted to give you an update on what we’ve accomplished so far! Official wedding planning guides can be very helpful (so far I’m using the online one on Martha Stewart Weddings the most), but I do think that sometimes they have their priorities a bit mixed up. I thought it might be helpful to give you an overview of the order we’re doing things in, and, for those of you who are engaged or married, I’d love to hear where we differ and where we’re the same.
At one month out (with 12+ months to go), we have:
– Told family and friends about our engagement
– Confirmed a wedding date
– Confirmed a ceremony location
– Confirmed a reception location
– Confirmed an officiant
– Narrowed down photographer options and spoke with two
– Narrowed down florist options and been in touch with two
– Gathered and narrowed down floral and design inspiration
– Begun to flesh out color palette
– Begun to draft guest list
– Spoken with all interested parties and established a preliminary budget
More details to come about all of these points soon! I’ll be back with more weddings tomorrow!