Since my last update…
– We had our first conversation with our pastor, who will lead our ceremony. It was pretty quick, but we made arrangements to meet twice more with him – once individually (gulp!), and then once more together.
– We ordered John’s suspenders and bought his shoes – post coming up soon about his accessories
– We revised our cocktail hour and reception menu in advance of our tasting at the end of the month
– We also revised our floral order in advance of our upcoming venue walk-through – excited!
– We booked the third night of accommodations for our minimoon (feeling pretty good about our second night’s accommodations, since Meredith texted me that I would love them when she visited, without knowing we had already booked them!)
– Marget and I bought some more decor that we’ll share – so nice to be planning alongside someone with similar style! :) Marget also kindly bought me some additional ribbon with a voucher I had for MJ Trimming.
– We reserved a pianist for our ceremony – an old friend from whom I took piano lessons when I was younger
– I discarded the idea of paper flowers (too time-consuming for a project I wasn’t enthralled by), but found something even better to replace them!
– I’ve started whitening my teeth – whoo! No sensitivity yet – keep your fingers crossed!
– The bridesmaid dresses arrived!
Next up on the list?
– It’s going to be a big month! We have a walk-through at both of our venues, a tasting with our caterer, a meeting with our chapel coordinator, and my bridal shower!
– We’re taking John’s tux to be tailored today
– We still need to make some major decisions about our rehearsal dinner
– Our invitations are printing, so I should have them in hand, addressed, and out the door by the next time I update you!
– My sister and I are going to make a trial cake while home… yum!
– Lots of crafty projects on the horizon – signage, stirrers, favors, oh my!