At the beginning of every month, I plan to write a short post covering what I accomplished in the previous month and what I hope to accomplish in the next one. I’ll also introduce you to one of my 101 in 1001 buddies (see them all in the sidebar!). Here we go!
May 2011: 6/101 goals complete, 22/101 goals in progress
Did I begin…
– No. 39: Explore two more states/regions I’ve never been to? YES! I visited Charleston for about two and a half days. It was humid!
– No. 87: Learn a new form of dance every year? Very sadly, no. John didn’t get out of work in time to make it to the shagging class :(
– No. 96: Read my thesis? Yep!
Did I continue…
– No. 98: Read the entire Chronicles of Narnia series? Nope, didn’t get to this one, but I did read Little Bee by Chris Cleave and Catching Fire by Susan Collins, and I’m currently reading The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obrecht. All great!
I was able to keep up with all of my monthly commitments (nos. 5, 7, 16, and 48). I should also note that I completed goal no. 25, which was to buy a car! Does that mean I’m a real grownup now?!
June 1, 2011: 7/101 goals complete, 25/101 goals in progress
I am looking at a very busy month, so I’m going to keep it simple for June.
Plan to complete:
– No. 20: Can or pickle some sort of vegetable
– No. 30: Try an unusual type of milk (raw, almond, soy, or otherwise)
– No. 70: Consult with a calligrapher and then buy real calligraphy supplies
Plan to begin:
– No. 53. Email an Adam Hamilton sermon to someone who might be interested
You can catch up with Ellie’s progress on her goals here! My five favorites she’s undertaking…
– No. 1: Say “yes” on five occasions I would otherwise say “no.” (So far, she’s allowed herself to be set up on a date and rode on a motorcycle!)
– No. 2: Throw a surprise party.
– No. 3: Sew a dress. (A recent goal of mine, too, having just come across this post.)
– No. 4: Eliminate all clothing that hasn’t been worn in six months.
– No. 5: Find and buy the elusive navy blue prep blazer.
In the meantime, you can see the details on all of my goals right here. Here’s to a great month!