30 March 2012
I love them. We are going to have one at our wedding. This makes me happy :)
So very classy, don’t you think? And — good news! — the black and white checkered dance floor was no more expensive than the regular old dance floor from our rental company!
First three images from Southern Weddings: here (by Veil & Bow), here (by Adam Barnes), and here (by Abby Jiu). Last image by Christine Farah via Grey Likes Weddings
28 March 2012
A spring inspiration board for you, filled with soft pastel colors and lovely natural dyed Easter eggs. Enjoy!
Natural-dyed Easter Eggs from Dreamy Whites; pastel table setting photo by Elisa B via Once Wed; peach and lambs ear arrangement from Martha Stewart Weddings
Lemon tarts photo by Connie Chung via Style Me Pretty
Ricotta donuts by Gale Gand; pastel arrangement photo by Braedon Flynn via Southern Weddings; tin centerpiece photo by Jose Villa via Style Me Pretty
27 March 2012
We’ve got less than six months to go until W-Day, and I’m starting to feel the pressure. Let’s recap the last month, shall we?
Arrangement and photo by Poppies & Posies
Since my last update…
– We finalized our registry picks
– We finalized our invitation design and are waiting on a few elements to come back from our calligrapher
– I did yet more waffling on bridesmaid dresses. I don’t know why, but this decision has made me second guess myself more than every other wedding-related decision put together. UGH! I am hoping to place the dress order next week, so PLEASE cross your fingers for me! I will recap the whole saga once the dresses are purchased.
– My sister and I made the first test blooms for a big DIY – paper flowers! I’ll write up a full tutorial soon, but you can see a sneak peek right here!
Next up on the list?
– We have got to get at least the groom’s attire nailed down this month, since he needs to have it ready to go for a friend’s wedding in June.
– Bridesmaid dresses. Done and done.
– I think we’ll be ordering our invites this month!
– I’m so hoping I’ll get to have my first dress fitting soon!!
On another note, apologies for the sparse posting lately! We’ve had a steady succession of house guests for the past few weeks (and have more scheduled for the next few weeks!), so I’ve been concentrating on enjoying their company instead of blogging. BUT, I have several fun posts in the queue, including one about the awesome shower invitations I made for my future sister in law (!), a practical one on my tips for booking destination wedding vendors, more about our wedding day timeline, and all about my accessories (jewelry, clutch, veil, oh my!). More soon!
22 March 2012
I saw these bright spring hand soaps from method in my local Target and had to share. Aren’t they perfect for spring?
20 March 2012
Happy first day of spring, my friends! As many of you know, I am fond of making seasonal to do lists. Here is mine for spring 2012 (March 20-June 20).
Photos left to right: Flower Magazine // Hutker Architects // Kate Murphy // Cat Thrasher via Style Me Pretty
What’s on your spring to do list?
P.S. Summer 2011 and fall 2011