Oh my goodness. Ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodness. How did we get here?? I am trying my best to stay calm, but am not always successful. I am very thankful that though wedding planning is not John’s specialty, he is doing a great job picking up the slack on household chores, giving me extra time to check things off the master to do list. Speaking of the to do list? I decided to consolidate my three or four lists into one, and to break out every task into each of its component pieces (so, for example, “make drink stirrers” has now become “choose ribbon color”, “order ribbon”, “cut ribbon”, “cut sticks”, and “assemble stirrers”). This makes the list look more daunting (currently sitting at 122 to dos – yikes), but it also makes me feel good to know exactly what needs to be done and to have it all in one place. With that said, let’s check in!
Since my last update:
– Invitations have arrived, been addressed and stuffed, and sent back out the door! So far we’ve received responses from 79 of our 157 invited guests (68 yeses), and our RSVP deadline is today.
– I had my final dress fitting last week, and my dress is being shipped to Connecticut soon!
– We’ve placed the order for our ring bearer bowl – short and sweet. Can’t wait to share!
– We’ve finalized all of the details for our ceremony – order, readings, songs, everything – and are waiting for confirmation from our pastor. We’ve already sent the details out to our musicians!
– I’ve FINALLY been making some good progress on our DIY projects! There has been much wood cutting, ribbon tying, cardboard painting, hot gluing, signage designing, and calligraphy-ing happening over here!
– I ordered bridesmaid/reader/helper gifts and John bought his groomsman gifts.
– We secured a dream photo location :)
A few of the tasks to be completed this week:
– Finalize rental and linen orders and reception tent layout (almost done with this – not for the faint of heart!)
– Invite guests to rehearsal dinner and Sunday brunch and decide on outfits for both
– Finish scanning photos for slideshow
– Complete a number of DIY projects – mostly more signage
– Buy John’s wedding gift
What do you think – is it boring to have a planning update every week for the last month? Or fascinating? Good motivation? You tell me!